How chuffed am I?
The lovely (and very talented) Live By Surprise nominated me for this a couple of months back, and I have taken a lot of time trying to wrap my head around the questions in order to do them proud! How nice is that?!
The Liebster Award is gifted by fellow bloggers to small blogs like mine who have less than 200 followers. The goal is to help others find these blogs that are very well written, and truly deserving of a bigger following. In German, the word 'Liebster' means kindest, beloved, valued and welcome.
So here are 11 random facts about me!
I am so proud to accept this award. I am genuinely shocked and happy that anyone is reading my stuff, let alone actually recommending it to others, so this is a very lovely thing have and I am very grateful.
The current rules for accepting this award are
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me
- Nominate 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated
- Post 11 questions for these new nominees to answer (if they choose to accept the award - it's completely optional)
1. I'm voting Yes in the Scottish Independence decision on 18th September. I am completely #Yes and proud!
2. I love beer. My favourite is Mexican lager or some local ale. I'm very partial to Captain Morgan's and also Tequila! After working in pubs for 10 years you get to know your drink.
3. I have an uncontrollable love for Channing Tatum.
4. I have a totally badass scar on my hand that makes me look like I'm good at sucker punches, but it's actually just where I cut it on a door frame while carrying boxes.
6. I used to work in a sex shop and was the Good Vibrations expert while 6 months pregnant, which meant, yes, I sold dildos with a baby in my belly. Classy.
7. I used to be a Karaoke Hostess.
8. I've abseiled down a Hilton Hotel dressed as a bunny girl.
9. I was once so ill, that I had to swerve the car to the side of the road to open the door to puke. That was a bad night!
10. I am a complete theme park geek.
11. I love reading books about the Second World War.
And here are the answers to the questions posted to me by LiveBySurprise
1.You have the opportunity to meet any one living person in the world for tea. Who do you choose, and why?
Hmm...I choose...my best mate. Because we live far away from each other and we never really see each other and having the luxury of time to have tea together would just be awesome. It would be a big pub tea, washed down with cocktails. And pudding. If we are going to go that far, I would like pudding too.
2. What is the best feedback you have ever got on your writing?
Honestly, aside from some very lovely comments and personal emails about the writing on my blog, which I really appreciate, it was from a teacher when I was about 12. We'd had to do a re-make of The Hobbit for class in our own words, and she chose my book as the winner in a class competition. That was lovely enough, but then she pulled me aside and really made a big deal about my ability to write. That was the first time I really thought that I could. So, thanks, Mrs Bertie!
3.You are stranded, alone on a desrt island. What is the first thing that you do?
Listen to the silence.And then sleep. And then look for food. I'd want to be comfortable for the week's holiday I'd give myself on that desert island before I tried to get home!
4. What actor or actress set you heart aflutter when you were 13?
I have to be honest, don't I? Okay, but don't tell anyone.
13 year old me thought he was hot. I blame teen hormones...and his muscles...
5. What is your favourite flower?
My favourite flower is the sweet pea. My Grandad used to grow them up the back of his garage wall and we used to collect them when we were wee and take a bunch home. Summer was the smell of sweet peas in a vase.
6. Have you chosen the next topic for your blog post? What was your inspiration?
I am writing something at the moment on house renting, which is taking a wee while. My inspiration for because we also rent our house and are at the moment unclear as to whether we will get to stay or if we will have to find somewhere else and the realisation that it will be around Xmas time if we do. Then I got talking to others and realised that there are a lot of people who have to deal with a lot worse. Renting in the UK only happens because of the lack of social housing and it is a really tough gig if you happen to have small children.
7. What is the last vivid dream you remember having?
Can't say! Ha ha! It was rude and very strange and involved some folk I know. *blush* Next question please! Ahem...
8. If you were told that you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, barring any dietary consequences like weight gain or vitamin deficiency, what food would you choose?
Cheese! Anyone who knows me knew that answer already. I am a complete cheese fiend. And I kind of do already eat it like I'm not going to suffer any dietary consequences. My heart must be on the verge of attack by now! I'm vegetarian, so cheese is my life blood.
9. What blogger has inspired you most, and why?
It was actually my good friend Jac at Tinned Tomatoes who inspired me to start a blog, and who has helped me every step of the way. I owe her a huge debt of gratitude - she has kept me motivated and filled me in on all the wee bits and pieces, despite being a very busy lady with her own amazing and popular blog. We work together in a library, so it was kind of fate, if you will, but without her, Blethering Boys wouldn't exist. She gave me the confidence I needed to get started. She is also an amazing chef, cook, baker and incredibly talented and lovely lady - it's a privilege to have her as a friend.
10. Describe the most annoying person you've ever seen in a checkout line
Oh, always the old lady with the trolley who pretends that I'm not there so she can make a big deal about ramming her trolley up my arse so she can put her milk as close to my items as possible. Does my head in!
11. What blogging platform are you using and why did you choose it?
I am using Blogger, because Jac told me it was the best one to use! I quite like it and now that I am used to it all, I realise how great and wonderful technology really is these days - and it's free! Amazing really.
I am nominating
1. Katie at Life On Vista Street
2. Isa at Yum Yum Yu
3. Winse at Winses Wee Wok
4. Kevin at The Crafty Larder
5.Amanda at CityGirlGoneCoastal
6. Ezrah at KalaKelly
7.Adriana at BearikaRose
8.Kathie at ASeaChange
10. Claire at WorldTravelerInTraining
My 11 questions for my fellow bloggers are:
1. What is your favourite smell in the whole world and why?
2. Do you have any filthy habits?
3. What is the one thing you need to do before you can go to sleep at night?
4. What has your biggest blogging success been so far?
5. What's your favourite book?
6. What is the main goal you have with your blog?
7. Best day of your life?
8. Anyone you want to big up or link to? I'm a huge fan of Paper Clouds Apparel, so i'mma using this to shout out!
9. Do you always iron your clothes or are you free and easy with the creases?
10. Dogs or Cats?
11. Random secret from your teenage years?
Nominated bloggers, please post your links in the comments box below, should you choose to accept!